Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position within the INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION, at the National Land Agency.
SPATIAL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (VACANT)
This position reports to the Senior Database Administrator.
To maintain spatial databases to support geographic information systems activities and to develop procedures and standards that ensures integrity of the Agency’s data.
- Policies, procedures and objectives implemented
- Reports developed
- Training delivered
- Agency’s databases maintained
- Schemas and data models prepared
- Scheduled backup performed
- End-users of data supported
- Ensures the implementation of objectives
- Provides advice to managers, associates and customers on databases
- Prepares reports on the status activities
- Maintains and supports the Agency’s databases
- Develops documents and maintains procedures for production and quality control of data and database structure
- Develop and implement database systems and solutions, specific GIS research and analytical functions
- Designs and implement GIS-related functions
- Develops and maintains database schemes and data models and implementation plans
- Reviews schemas and data models to identify problem areas and prepares work plan for executing solution.
- Implements work plan as it relates to database efficiency and tuning
- Assures security of the Agency data internally and externally
- Establishes and monitors scheduled backup of the Agency’s databases
- Provides support to end-users to ensure proper operation of database
- Test configurations to ensure proper implementation and quality are met
- Keeps abreast with trends and developments in the field and recommends incorporation where appropriate
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Supervisor/ Manager.
- Procedures developed or reviewed are documented and they are in keeping with current trends in database management.
- Databases designed and developed are flexible and in keeping with established standards
- Spatial database systems are implemented and maintain established availability standards
- End-users have confidence when using database
- Reports are complete, accurate and submitted in time agreed
- Performance appraisals submitted on time with appropriate recommendations
- Results are constantly assessed against objectives to ascertain weaknesses and strengths and strategies developed for improvement
The job-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgment, analytical, decision making, problem solving skills
- Demonstrated sound work ethics
- Excellent data modeling skills including but not limited to ER diagrams and UML
- Excellent knowledge of Spatial Database Management systems
- Knowledge of programming environment and web-based application development
- Knowledge of GIS, GPS, Spatial database infrastructure
- Knowledge of ESRIS,GIS or similar software
- Competence in data analysis and interpretation with a good grasp of data-warehousing and data-mining principles
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in spatial databases, data conversation, maintenance and design of GIS systems.
Remuneration Package: - Salary Range: $1,968,434.00 - $2,113,747.00 p.a.
A letter of Application accompanied by a Résumé should be submitted no later than November 2, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
35 Hope Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.