Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant posts within the Corporate Services Division, National Land Agency.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – 2 POSTS
The successful candidates will report to the Maintenance Supervisor
To provide routine maintenance and minor repairs to all facilities, electrical and mechanical equipment and plumbing systems within the Agency.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Performs a variety of general building maintenance repairs and services
- Installs light bulbs, doors, cabinets, locks, etc.
- Conducts maintenance on standby generators and pumps
- Conducts minor electrical installation and upgrades
- Assists in scheduling and completing the Preventative Maintenance Programme
- Replaces washers, faucets and seals on malfunctioning plumbing equipment; repair leaky faucets and clean clogged drains; install and repair sprinklers
- Alerts Maintenance Supervisor of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur
- Assists in ensuring that safety standards are used which comply with organisational and national guidelines
- Maintains machinery, equipment and tools by cleaning, lubricating, greasing and oiling to ensure optimum working order
- Assist in minor carpentry and repair work
- Participates in disaster management activities
- Maintaining records of materials, equipment used and work performed
- Maintaining equipment incident logs
- The post-holder will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Reliability and dependability
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions
- Ability to use precision tools
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of Jamaica Building Code
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices
- Competence in the following areas: electrical, air conditioning, locksmithing, plumbing, carpentry and painting
- Sound knowledge of health and safety standards
Minimum required Education and Experience
- UTECH or HEART Trust/NTA level 2 Certification or Diploma in Plumbing/Electrical Systems /air conditioning/Carpentry or equivalent qualification from a similar recognized institution
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position
- Salary Range: $1,166,538 - $1,247,093 p.a.
A letter of Application accompanied by a Resume’ should be submitted no later than September 29, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.