Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant posts within the Corporate Services Division, National Land Agency.
DRIVER – 2 POSTS; One (1) post to be assigned to South Region (Mandeville Office)
The successful candidate will report to the Transport Supervisor
To transport staff and equipment to and from assignments and ensure the timely delivery of mail and other correspondence to their destination in keeping with established guidelines.
- Collects assignments from supervisor and performs assigned duties
- Collects and delivers mail from Central Registries or Operations Unit and delivers to destination
- Completes Log Books on completion of assignment and submits to supervisor on a daily basis
- Undertakes routine maintenance of vehicles by checking engine oil, brake fluid etc.
- Reports mechanical and other defects of vehicle to supervisor
- Takes vehicle to garage for repairs as instructed
- Ensures that all documentation (insurance, fitness, certification of registration etc.) are current and are placed in the vehicle at the start of the work day
- Returns vehicle daily to the designated site and ensures that it is securely locked
- Reports accidents to relevant authorities and prepares report within the established timeline
- Utilises gas card
s in accordance with established regulations and returns to supervisor on completion of use each day; and
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the supervisor
The post-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management
- Excellent defensive driving skills
- Knowledge of basic motor vehicle maintenance
- Good knowledge of the road network in the island
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School/Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Holder of a General Driver’s Licence to include Motor Cars, Trucks
(not less than 3000 kgs laden weight) and PPV. Licence should be without traffic violations or endorsements
- Minimum of three (3) years related working experience
- Training in or exposure to customer service would be an advantage
- Defensive Driving Training
Remuneration Package: Salary Range: $757,534 - $ 809,853 p.a.
A letter of Application accompanied by a Resume’ should be submitted no later than September 29, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.