Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant posts within the Corporate Services Division, National Land Agency.
CASHIER –Property Accounts – 1 POST
The successful candidates will report to the Supervisor, Property Accounts.
To collect and record on behalf of the Agency, all payments for services offered, ensure the safe custody of collections, and maintain petty cash impress and accurate lodgment of these payments in accordance with the FAA and Executive Agencies Acts.
- Collects payments and issue receipts for all monies received
- Collects imprest and accounts for funds disbursed against petty cash vouchers
- Maintains records of petty cash vouchers
- Balances sums received against receipt book on a daily basis
- Keeps secure receipt books and payments received
- Prepares lodgment for all relevant bank accounts
- Updates cash book on a daily basis
- Submits receipt information to Property Accounts Staff for processing.
- Make required entries in Value Book
- Maintains Cheque disbursement Register
The post-holder will be able to demonstrate:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- knowledge of accounting principles
- Attention to detail
- Competence in the preparation of cash book
- Competence in the use of relevant computer software particularly Microsoft Excel
- Sound Work Ethics
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
The following qualification is required:
- Five (5) CXC/GCE subjects including English Language and Mathematics
- One (1) year related working experience
- Relevant knowledge of the FAA Act, Regulations & Instructions
- Working knowledge of a Point of Sale Software
Salary Range: $969,655 - $1,039,902 p.a
A letter of Application accompanied by a Resume’ should be submitted no later than September 29, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.