The successful candidate will report to the Management Accountant/Manager, Finance and Accounts
To ensure that accounts payable (deductions) and salaries are disbursed in accordance with accepted accounting practices and established policies of the Agency.
- Reviews and recommends change in procedures to improve efficiency in the Branch
- Plans and organizes the work activities for the Unit
- Prepares reports on the status of activities in the Unit
- Prepares the Unit’s Work Plan
- Conducts performance appraisals in accordance with PMAS guidelines
- Provides guidance to staff through coaching and monitoring of work
- Provides leadership through example and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Ensures that staff complies with policies and work procedures
- Monitors register to ensure attendance and punctuality of staff
- Verifies adjustments to employees’ emoluments for accuracy and conformity to established regulations and within a timely manner
- Processes payroll on designated dates within the payroll cycle
- Reconciles pension payments and group life payments each month (EA Pension) with NCB Trust Company and Guardian Life respectively
- Liaises with the Finance Manager or Management Account to ensure timely deposits to the Salaries Account and provides/requests information regarding the status of the account.
- Ensures effective and efficient management of staff queries
- Liaises with the Human Resources Branch regarding queries, and or verification to employee’s emoluments.
- Ensures that statutory and personal deductions are paid to the relevant organizations within established deadlines.
- Ensures the timely submission of monthly and annual returns
- Keeps abreast of trends and changes in accounting and finance and recommends changes where necessary
- Provides information to internal and external auditors as requested
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Manager or Management Accountant
The post-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound work ethics
- Sound knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures including the FAA Act FAA, Instructions and FAA Regulations
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications particularly Microsoft Excel and other payroll applications (such as Bizpay)
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting/Management Studies with Accounting from a recognized tertiary institution OR ACCA Level 2/ Associate Degree in Accounting from MIND along with a Diploma in Government Accounting from MIND
- Certificate in Supervisory Management
- At least four (4) years related working experience of which at least two (2) years must be at the supervisory level (preferably Payroll)
- Must have working knowledge of Payroll Applications such as Bizpay, Powerpay or Turbo Pay
- Must have current working knowledge of computation of statutory deductions including computation of pension deductions/contributions;
- Salary Range: $2,009,979.00 - $2,152,398.00 p.a.
- Motor Vehicle Travel Allowance: $707,448.00 p.a.
(If you own a Motor vehicle)
Letter of application accompanied by a résumé should be submitted no later than Monday, February 19, 2018 to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.