The successful candidate will report to the Supervisor, Property Accounts
Provide assistance to the Supervisor, Property Accounts to enable effective and efficient management of the property accounts of Estate Management Division.
- Reconciles all EMD bank accounts with cashier’s cash book and prepares reports for submission to Supervisor
- Reconciles Land Settlement account with lodgments from Lands Officers, and other funds collected (legal fees, attorney fees, etc.)
- Liaises with financial institutions regarding queries arising from reconciliations and other related matters.
- Files/records (lodgment slips, etc.)
- Prepares EMD Revenue Report
- Prepares schedule of payments in respect of ease, sales and rentals
- Maintains “Other Sales” Ledger reports to reflect correct balances
- Prepares rental collections and arrears reports
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Supervisor, Property Accounts and Management Accountant.
The post-holder will be able to demonstrate:
- Sound knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures including the FAA Act, Regulations and Instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Competence in the use of relevant computer software
- Sound work ethics
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting/Management Studies with Accounting from a recognized tertiary institution or an Associate Degree in Accounting from MIND along with a Diploma in Government Accounting from MIND
- Two (2) years related working experience
- Salary Range: $1,276,870.00 - $1,375,166.00 p.a.
- Motor Vehicle Travel Allowance: $707,448.00 p.a.
(If you own a Motor vehicle)
Letter of application accompanied by a résumé should be submitted no later than Monday, February 19, 2018 to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.