The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Chief Plan Examiner.
Salary Range: $1,178,575.00 - $1,276,870.00 per annum
To ensure that the Land Surveyors Act and Regulations and the relevant sections of the Land Titles Act are adhered to, in the processing of plans to be annexed to titles.
- Giving support with the coordination of the work activities of the Comparison and Computing Units.
- Assisting with the vetting of work done by staff
- Ensuring that plans and related documents being used are cared for and secured
- Securing and maintaining all plans and accompanying documents submitted for examination
- Limited contact with clients to explain rejection report(s), if necessary
- Examining pre-checked plans to ascertain compliance to the Land Surveyors Act and Regulations
- Checking plans to determine whether the land is registered or unregistered
- Investigating dually registered properties on behalf of the Registrar of Titles
- Verifying whether plans submitted for titles are dually registered
- Informing the Titles Office about dual registrations
- Checking Strata plans for accuracy before titles are issued
The post-holder will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of the Land Surveyors Act and Regulations
- Excellent planning, organizing and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Sound work ethics
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Land Surveying Technician Certification with at least 3 years’ experience as a Plan Examiner or
A combination of relevant training certificates and at least 5 years' experience as a Plan Examiner
- Three years’ experience working in the Plan Examination Section.
- A general knowledge of Parcel Data Management and Land Registration Systems and Surveying Software
Letter of application accompanied by a résumé should be submitted no later than Tuesday, February 20, 2018 to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.