The successful candidate will report to the Supervisor, Final Accounts & Reporting.
Salary Range: $928,559.00 - $997,440.00 p.a.
To prepare accounting records and to maintain and store these records in accordance with GAAP, FAA Act and established organizational guidelines.
Technical /Professional Responsibilities
- Prepares journals with accompanying supporting documents in relation to monthly and fortnightly salary for approval
- Updates General Ledger with monthly and fortnightly salary journal to ensure timely and accurate generation of financial information
- Maintains payment and journal voucher files
- Maintains deposit account
- Assists with the monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Supervisor
Required Skills/ Competencies
The post-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles
- Sound knowledge in relevant computer applications particularly Sage Accpac
- Competence in the preparation of journals and maintenance of general ledger accounts
- A working knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures including the FAA Act
- Sound work ethics
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Five (5) GCE O ‘level or CXC subjects including English Language and a numeric subject
- AAT (Level 1) or CAT (Level A) or a certificate in Accounting from an accredited institution
- Two (2) years on the job work experience
Experience with reconciliation of general ledger accounts provides a distinct advantage.
Letter of application accompanied by a résumé should be submitted no later than Monday, February 19, 2018 to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.