SENIOR ADMINSTRATOR, EMPLOYEE RELATIONS & BENEFITS
The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Human Resource Management & Development.
To support the human resource needs of the Agency by coordinating related activities including policy issues, industrial relations, employee relations and benefits so that plans can developed in keeping with the Agency’s strategic objectives.
- Provides leadership through example and the sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Assists with preparation of the Branch’s corporate and operational plans and budget.
- Manages the performance of direct reports. Develops Work Plans and monitors performance against targets. Completes Performance Reviews for direct reports.
- Assists with the review and update of the human resource policies and ensures their dissemination and implementation.
- Investigates breaches of human resource policies and recommends appropriate actions to reduce or stop the breaches.
- Ensures that salary information, as a result of performance, qualification and other related factors, are communicated to the relevant parties.
- Ensures that the Revolving Loan Scheme is operating according to guidelines.
- Oversees the motor vehicle policy in respect of duty concession and other related issues.
- Oversees the Agency’s health plan, pension schemes and group life insurance.
- Oversees the Employment Assistance Programme for employees.
- Establishes and maintains relationship with health and safety agencies to assist with delivery of programmes.
- Coordinates activities related to the renewal of contract engagements and separation of employees.
- Investigates accidents on the job and prepares reports for submission to management and National Insurance Scheme and other relevant authorities.
- Ensures claims made on NIS on behalf of injured employee are followed up.
- Counsels employees on job-related and other matters impacting the job.
- Conducts visits to divisional and regional offices to address human resource matters.
- Prepares progress report on the unit’s activities.
Technical /Professional Responsibilities
- Coordinates the industrial relations function in respect of educating management and staff about industrial relations and law, investigation and resolution of grievances and dealing with any other industrial relations related matters.
- Coordinates the processes relating to retirement/pension of employees.
- Conducts staff exit interviews.
- Conducts review of Performance Appraisal Reports submitted to ensure that they are properly completed.
- Assists with the Agency’s disciplinary process.
- Assists in the process of staff selection.
- Assists with training and development.
- Keeps abreast with trends and best practices in human resource management and recommends changes where necessary.
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Manager.
The post-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Sound knowledge of Human Resource Management techniques.
- Sound Knowledge of the National Land Agency Human Resource Manual and the Public Service Regulations.
- Familiarity with the Staff Orders for the Public Service.
- General knowledge of pension and benefits administration.
- Good understanding of the Performance Management Appraisal System.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Skills in conflict management.
- Judgement – ability to exercise a high level of discretion and tact on the job.
- Professional integrity and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in the Social Sciences or Human Resource Management from a recognized tertiary institution with a minimum of four (4) years related professional work experience of which two (2) should be in a Human Resource Management environment.
- Post-graduate diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized tertiary institution with a minimum of five (5) years related professional work experience of which 3 should be in a Human Resource Management environment.
- Certificate in Supervisory Management.
- Specialized training in relevant areas of Human Resource Management.
A written application accompanied by a résumé should be submitted no later than Wednesday, November 15, 2017 to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short listed applicants will be contacted.