The successful candidate will report to the Director/Commissioner of Land Valuations.
To oversee the activities of Valuation Roll and the Data Entry sections. Prepares Corporate and Operational reports and assists the Director/Commissioner of Land Valuations with the execution and preparation of ad hoc operational plans/reports.
- Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, training, mentoring and coaching.
- Develops and monitors work-plans for the unit based on established objectives
- Contributes to the development of the Strategic/Operational Plans and Budgets of the Division
- Identifies and assigns projects to Supervisors
- Conducts performance appraisals in accordance with the established guidelines.
- Reviews and ensures implementation and compliance of policies and procedures of the Unit
- Assists with the selection of staff for the unit.
- Ensures the preparation of reports
- Ensures that data entry operations are functioning at optimum level
- Carries out research and analyses of reports and documents and prevailing environment and submits findings to the Director
- Ensures that statutory and work-flow based forms are up-to-date and fit for purpose
- Ensures that the Registry functions are optimized for scanning and electronic tracking
- Maintains a management information system within the Unit that provides ready access to meaningful operational data and statistical information on the operation of the Unit.
- Prepares both technical and general reports on activities of the sections
- Ensures that staff is trained in the technical aspects of the job
- Accounts for case files assigned for data entry and registry functions
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Director/Commissioner of Land Valuations
Required Skills/ Competencies
The job-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good Problem solving and decision making skills
- Sound work ethics
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong mathematical and statistical background.Sound knowledge in the statutes and regulations which relates to Land Valuation Act.
- Advanced competency in the use of Microsoft Productivity software.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Management Studies/Public Administration or equivalent qualifications.
- At least Four years’ related experience of which 2 must be at a supervisory level.
- Certificate in Supervisory Management
Remuneration Package: - Salary: $2, 009,979.00 - $2,152,398.00 p.a.
- Motor Vehicle Travel Allowance: $707,448.00 p.a.
(If you own a motor vehicle)
Letter of Application accompanied by a résumé should be submitted no later than
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.